We both shared testimonies tonight with the Stake as boundaries were realigned and a new Bishopric was put in. It was very emotional for us both as our hearts were so full. We feel very fortunate to be where we are and so happy to have many great people surrounding us. Starting now we will pray for our new Bishop and his family daily as we know what he will be going through. We always felt the love and prayers for our behalf coming from our sweet ward family. These memories will last a lifetime!
When I married Darin I knew he was a very special person!
That was then, this is now and I love him more than ever!
Last night he ran his fingers through his hair and said, "No way! I think my hair is already starting to grow BACK a little!" Hahaha




6 comments:
It's tough being the bishop's family sometimes!! I remember being the bishop's daughter, twice! There are many blessings though. Darin was a great bishop!
You're right Rachel! An you and Derek's sweet family is proof of those blessings I think!
Your family has always been great examples to ours. Both of your testimonies were so heartfelt and sincere and the out pouring of love that our ward family has for yours is immense. Jeff was commenting afterwards how different losing the mantle of Bishop must feel. How it would almost feel like a great loss until you get used to it. He said that it would probably feel similar to that of being a missionary and then coming home. If your kids aren't overly excited, I bet you are to have him sitting with you now!
My sisters were telling me this week that their wards were split, and I mentioned that I had read your blog and that Darin was released. (I knew you lived in the same area, but I didn't know it was the same stake) My sister's response was, "Oh yea, they are in our stake. I didn't know you knew them." This was Christy, who is 7 years younger than me, so she probably doesn't remember you. Anyway, I thought it was funny. Enjoy your extra time together as a family.
Wow! I guess I should congratulate you guys and send condolences to Colden. I feel lucky to have you guys as family--you are a great example to us. I loved the Love Dare post. I am totally going to get that book. P.S. We missed seeing you too, but you guys are always welcome at our place.
:-) I love the photos! You both are so wonderful - and you are looking great!! Thank you for all you give to our ward - we are so glad to know you two! Hope you are having a great weekend!
Post a Comment