Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Break - Off and RUNNING with no slowing!

The kids are mid-way through a beautiful 2 week break from school!  We've been home, but I've tried to make it like a "staycation" with tons of fun around town!  Included in our very busy fun so far has been trips to the:   
Caldwell Public LIBRARY,
ZOO Boise,  
DANIK Gymnastics in Eagle, (TWICE! - for $5 open play.  Mom loved it as much as the kids so we went back again with friends!)
Caldwell YMCA POOL,
McDonalds,
Carl's Jr. and then Caldwell Memorial park (to spin on the tire swing until Colden almost puked)
Activity Days and time with Grandma on Wednesday
PLANETARIUM (first time here, and it was fantastic and involved famous storyteller Jim Cogan!)
And last but not least - Chuck E. Cheese (where a kid can be a kid and Mom can too! :)  I seriously had some mad skills on the Skee-Ball and the Basketball games.  Is it a crime that I stole a few footballs from Colden to help him win more tickets when he couldn't spiral them through the targets?  Do I love the sound of the coins clinking from the change machine?  Ok, I only go once a year, so it is FUN for me too!  From what I hear - just this week Nintendo announced a new game coming out for the Wii called "Chuck E. Cheese's Party Games".  Does that mean we could be playing Skee-ball in our own living room and having our little "Miis" pouncing into ball pits?!  Does that mean the end of enduring the REAL Chuck E. Cheese experience where you spend $25 to earn hundreds of tickets to exchange for just 2 tootsie rolls and a tiny rubber gecko?  I am on the hunt for a Wii deal! 












So next week's plans will continue as we count down to Easter and the 180th Annual LDS General Conference. There will be more swimming, more library, more playdates with friends, to the Movies with G&G Somerville (and probably Carls Jr. following), to Gma Moosos to make Easter Egg cookies, and finally going to the cabin with the grandparents for the weekend.  I feel tired thinking about getting through it. Poor Darin!  I hope he gets to join us on one of our next "staycations"!  

3 comments:

Kristi M. said...

You guys have been busy! Lots of fun things done. Whoa...I better get ready for church.

Rachel said...

Sounds like tons of fun! I wish I got a spring break!!

Unknown said...

Look at all the fun you guys have been having! What a cute Momma you are!
The chuckie cheese part made me laugh! It is so true you spend so much money for those tokens to get cheap toys and tootsie rolls! ha! It is all part of the experience I guess?