Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Paddy's day!

The kids put there shoes out and yesterday that sneaky leprechaun did something NICE for once after all the tricks this last week.  I woke up to Carson's sleepy voice saying, "Mom! Mom! Come see! I got my very OWN money!"  And Colden, "Aw, darn!  My trap didn't work!"  He had set up his bike helmet to fall on the Leprechaun when he was checking out their shoes.  Anyway, they each got a $1 bill, a few coins, and some green jellybeans.  Colden got a Bakugan, Rylee got a new water bottle, and Carson got a small choo-choo.  Above are some of the tools used by Sneaky me and we did use LOTS of them during the week.  For breakfast was green biscuits in cinnamon sugar shaped like shamrocks with green scrambled eggs.  The dinner table was scattered with shamrock paper notes, green salad, green chicken strips (egg batter was food-colored green) smily fries, and green juice. Grandma brought over green sparkly cupcakes.  Of course Carson had a major meltdown because he wanted a cupcake before dinner and he refused to eat before I left for band rehearsal.  But this is what Grandma e-mailed me this morning when I asked her about how the night went.  "Carson was a very good boy last night, never caused any trouble, never cried or whined at all, played at the park really good. When we got home he said, "Can I have me cupcake now?" and I said, "Of course.  Let's wash your hands." He said "Why wash my hands?" Then he put the whole cupcake in his mouth at once! I don't know how he breathed. Then he wanted to go to bed, so we put on jammies and he crawled up there and we never heard from him again. He was very easy to deal with, anyway. Then Colden came in to eat his cupcake and I said, "Did you wash your hands?"  He said, "Why?"  These boys, they are all the same, huh? Why would there be germs on the monkey bars??? Then Colden warmed up the smily fries and ate a bunch. He said, "Oh, I think I am going to throw up." But then he just pooped and was fine. Anyway, they were good good kids.   HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!

2 comments:

Kristi M. said...

You are so stinkin good at this stuff. Ours consisted of...hmmmm...cupcakes for Gunnar to take with him to my sisters work. That's it. Oh, but the cupcakes were layered in colors like a rainbow. And Gunnar and Jeff both wore green. I really liked your mom's email. Pretty funny.

Train Gang said...

ha ha ha! I'm laughing about what mom said that she didn't know how he breathed. HILAR. you guys had fun.

also, it took me back cause I think we used to have green scrambled eggs growing up...I have a slight rememberance of that? maybe that wasn't even St. Patricks day!!! J/K