Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cookies for Breakfast?!

If Carson had it HIS way, there would always be cookies on his morning breakfast plate.  This morning we tried 2 different cereals, which didn't hit the spot, then some banana muffins (homemade with love by Mom) and still no go.  So Carson had hot cocoa and ran off to play.  Just now he approached me with, "Mama?  I want a cookie?" 
"For breakfast, Carson?" 
"No, just right now.  A cookie, peeease, Mama??"
"Carson, no, cookies are for boys who eat there breakfast and you..."  He busts into my words with a louder, "OOOONNNNNNE COOKIE, MAMA?!"
"Carson!  Listen!  Cookies are just sugar, and you might get sick.  Do you want to have a sick, yucky tummy or a nice, happy tummy today?"   With a completely serious face, Carson responds, "I want a sick, yucky tummy today, whats all full of nice, happy cookies."
"Carsooonnnnnn!" I  growl.
In a sweet, whisper tone, "Mama, can I have just ooooonnnnne nice TINY cookie for my breakfast?  Just one? Peeease, Mama?"  
So Carson's got a sick, yucky tummy today, but he is very nice and happy about it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it!! You and Carson are so funny together! He is such a fun little boy!

Kristi M. said...

This is so Gunnar about every morning. "Can I have chips, can I have a soft cookie (cakester), can I have a pop..." It never ends and he tries to say it so nicely most of the time. He also thinks that if he gives me a hug and a kiss, it is definately a yes. Or if he offers to share I would say yes. Yeah right.