Friday, January 29, 2010

Colden is famous!

Anyone sifting through the latest issue of The Friend magazine will find our sweet Colden on page 31!! I was thrilled to find it. I sat down to lunch with the mail and Carson wanted to look at the Friend, so we were going page by page (quickly when he's in the driver's seat of page turning!) And suddenly I said, "WAIT! I think I just saw Colden!" We submitted that story over a year ago. He looks so young because when it happened he was only 4 or 5. He seems so big to me right now. I feel like I could keep my boy small forever as he is constantly making sweet comments like the one in the story. Seems like just yesterday he was my little curly-headed Sunbeam.  As Grandpa would say, "What a boy!!!"
Link to Colden in February 2010 Friend .pdf   Page 31

or read EXCERPT here:
Colden M., “Remembering Jesus,” Friend, Feb. 2010, 31

One day I decided to take my pocket Book of Mormon to preschool. I told my mom, “When we go places during the day, sometimes I start to forget about Jesus. I know I can remember Him better if I bring my scriptures.” During school, my teacher asked about my “little Bible.” I told her it was my Book of Mormon. I told her I brought it because my dad said we should always remember Jesus. My mom told me I was being a missionary and being like Jesus as I kept my scriptures close to me all day.

1 comment:

Kristi M. said...

That is awesome! I am going to have to check it out. Now we all know how long it takes for the Friend to post kids on there.