Saturday, March 5, 2011

Seriously?!

That is one of Carson's most commonly used words lately - SERIOUSLY - which he pronounces slurred quickly more like "seerussly" Mom, I have to get my jammies on now?!  So along that line, I ask, "Seriously?! has it been this long since adding to the blog?"  I have had some very memorable times since the Fall and we are nearly to SPRING so I'll update the events since the farm visit.

Music - I've been rehearsing and performing with the Treasure Valley Concert Band since September and it's always a lot of fun!  A great way for me to get some "away" time doing something I really love!  Darin and my parents have been so supportive with watching the kids and making sure it works for me.  I so appreciate it - what a blessing!  I am playing trumpet at our R.S. birthday dinner in a couple weeks.  Kinda different, but nice of them to try to include me and help people get to know me too.

Sister - Having my sister move to Caldwell - even into our previous house - has been so so fun!  We have enjoyed playing with cousins (they can never get enough) and just laughing and figuring out "MOM stuff" together as sisters.  We got to attend the General Women's broadcast together in September, tried Jumpin' Jungle in October and did pumpkin carving and FHE too; we sang together at Colden's baptism in November, and in both 3rd and 11th wards after that.  We attend Carleen Tanner's Positive Parenting class every Tuesday morning - INCREDIBLE! And fun with everyone- since October we've partied continuously at Maryn's, Grama's, Kyla's, Colden's, Grampa's, Carson's, Rylee's and Robb's birthday parties; each celebrated together!  Now that's a LOT of lbs. cake and ice cream! (No wonder the diet's been failing!)  It's just great to be close, I show up to Yoga at the Y and my sister is teaching it!  I zip to Winco for some hamburger and I see Grampa in his cowboy hat doing errands for Grama.    This   is  Truly  a  Blessing. 

Rylee - She turned 11 a week ago and is a shining star in our family!  She loves playing babies and can't wait to babysit for real.  She and Maryn are inseperable and she loves to tend over little ones.  She also plays piano very well and even has a new musical love.  After watching America's Got Talent last season we all fell in love with the 10 year old child singer, Jackie Evancho.  She is incredible and we count the days for her second album to be released. 
 Rylee has watched her over and over and will go through the house everyday singing Pie Jesu or Ave Maria among many other opera songs.  She works on her vibrato already and she really is sounding good as she imitates Jackie!  Dalee is now giving Rylee voice lessons in exchange for beginning piano lessons for Simi. 
Rylee has really bonded with her friend Katelyn lately as well.  They beg for time together and it is never long enough.  "But we are practically SISTERS!" they will cry.  Kinda cute from the girls who both have only little brothers.  I think friends as close as sisters is perfect!  (The call it B.F.L.S.)

Colden - Our little basketball star has been busy on the court.  Both Darin and I decided to coach him this year and it has been a pleasant experience for all of us.  Colden says Basketball is his favorite and he's improving all the time.  Finally he is learning to be aggressive and he wants to please us and Grampa so much.  He also takes Cub Scouting very seriously. 
He earned his Bobcat badge this month and was also awarded a prize for the top score on uniform inspection at pack meeting.  He had 95/100 points, with clean face and fingernails he scrubbed himself beforehand!  It has been cute to hear Carson imitate his big brother and say in the car, "My honor to do my duty, to do my best, to God, and my earth, and my Jesus too!"   "Is that right Mom?" he'll ask.  Super sweet! 

Carson - Wrestling brother, wrestling Dad, wrestling Mom with words, playing the Wii, and motoring around the house with Cars and Monster Trucks are Carson's favorites.  (He only stops to ask for snacks like cookies or a common request for a corndog!)  He is a very affectionate boy who likes to hug and kiss and is always ready to be Mom or Dad's little helper guy.  We signed him up for T-ball and he is thrilled!  Darin will be his coach and cousin Simi will play on the same team too!  He thinks he's such a big guy since turning 4 last month.  Opening presents for his birthday and Christmas was more excitement than he could handle!  (He tried to help everyone else with their gifts too.)  Carson can't wait for Rylee and Colden to come home each day and he'll pester them, "Is your homework done YET?!?!" until they cave in and play.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Loved this post! Great to see what your family has been up to.

Train Gang said...

awwwww! that was a fun post to read. I feel like I've forgotten already some of the fun things we've been able to do together so thanks for the reminder. (like the RS broadcast) what a blast. I'm putting that picture on my blog right now! cause I love you.