Well, I can't speak for the second day in a row, so what better to do than actually blog since I can't speak! I have a pretty fearsome case of strep throat going on right now.
About 23 years ago I had my tonsils removed. As a child I had strep throat every few months and the Drs finally agreed to remove my tonsils at age 14. Surprisingly, in 23 years I have not had any real illnesses since the successful removal of my big nasty tonsils. The Flu? Maybe twice. A cold virus? About once a year, but never long lasting. A stomach bug? Maybe every 2-3 years. I never missed any days of High School because I never got sick. I have felt grateful for incredible health and attribute a lot of that to having those tonsils removed. But Wednesday morning - thankfully on Darin's day off - something hit me like a BRICK. My first thought was flu, but then I had such pain in the throat ,neck and glands that I knew it was more. I started antibiotics quickly but things turned really bad the first day. I could not eat or drink a thing, so getting down even a little pain medication was a huge feat. I thought by today it would be looking up, but it seemed to get worse. Thank goodness for family to help with the kids and bring in soup and love! Then the miracle has happened and tonight the antibiotics have finally done their job! I can eat Mom's chicken noodle soup and even slip down a couple bites of her famous Apricot Bars. Thanks Mom and thanks modern medicine! Also thanks to Rylee who's motherly instincts kicked in and she offered last night to read and pray with the boys, then tuck them in. When I heard from the other room, "Please bless Mom to get better so she can talk tomorrow." Wow I am very blessed!
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Aw man! That's horrible! I'm glad that you're starting to feel better!
I had my tonsils removed when I was 7. It was the same for me; sick all the time and then magically when the tonsils were out, no more sickness! But I was pretty mad at my parents when I woke up and my throat hurt like the dickens! :)
My little sister had her tonsils removed too and now that I think of it she rarely gets sick. That stinks and does not feel great at all. Rylee is such a sweetie and thank goodness family is close.
Post a Comment