Monday, May 17, 2010

CHOOSE THE RIGHT! 
(And watch out for "Wedgeys"!) 
Colden received the standard primary CTR ring in January from his primary teacher and he has taken to heart the message that wearing his ring will serve as a reminder of his commitment to make good choices in his life.  In other words, the ring has not come off in over 4 months.  Well, he took it off last week and we discovered a gruesome sight.  His ring finger was all infected, blistered and nasty under the cheap aluminum molded ring.  I felt like "Mother of the Year" for not noticing it was dirty and getting infected!  He does have extra dry skin which may have led to this problem.  He took it off and here is a photo of about a week of healing, still sore!  So I ordered him a new one (pictured above) and he can't wait to have a new shiny ring (of much better quality too).  Then last night a commercial came on for weight loss something or other and a woman in a bikini flashed by the screen.  Colden responded, "Wow!  Someone gave that lady a HUGE Wedgey!  I wonder if she knows her whole bum is almost showing from that wedgey?  Gross!" :)

3 comments:

Kristi M. said...

A ring can really do that? Wow! Poor thing! And the wedgey thing is great!

Rachel said...

That's hilarious!! The wedgie thing that is. Not the ring thing. That's sad!! Hope it gets better in time for the new ring!!

Did you know some people call wedgies, turkeys? A friend of mine was talking about how horrible turkeys are and when I responded using the word wedgie, she had no idea what I was talking about!!

Rachel said...

I miss you!